Ten Tips to Rank Higher in Google Places
Local search is becoming more and more important to search engine results. Ranking your Google Places listing takes patience and consistency! While there are many tactics to improve local SEO, here are 10 of our favorite ways to optimize Google Places listings.
- Make sure you only have one Google Places Page that is 100% complete.
- Include your physical address as a micro-format in the site footer.
- Be consistent. Keep your name, address and phone number (NAP) consistent across all websites including Google Places, Yelp, Facebook Places, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Be sure to use your local phone number – not an 800 number.
- Conduct local citations. Get listed on directory sites like Yelp, Yellow Pages and City Search.
- Know your keywords – and use them. For example, if one of your keyword’s is “internet marketing service” be sure you use that keyword in the category field of your Google Places Page, in the title tag of your site and on your third party site listings – like Facebook.Reviews on Google Places.
- Encourage customers to review your business on your Google Places page. Having 5 or more reviews is thought to help increase your ranking. Properly format reviews on your website. If you include reviews on your website – be sure to have them in a micro-format.
- Don’t forget about third party site reviews. Customer reviews on sites like TripAdvisor, Yelp and City Search will all help to build your ranking.
- Photos and videos. Upload photos and videos to your Google Places page as the site’s owner. But don’t stop there – have customers upload photos too.
- Include an offer and an owner update on your Google Places Page. And, don’t forget to include a link back to your site.
Contact us for more information about the local SEO services we offer for small, medium and large businesses.